Because experience matters...

UAM knows aircraft disassembly.

We know the secrets of aircraft afterlife... and we're going to share a few with you.
www.uaminc.com


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life After Service... As told by a 747-200F


Retirement from service sure requires a lot of paperwork. There's the IPC and the maintenance manual, along with all my required maintenance checks throughout my years of service. And in the stack of paperwork, I've just realized along with my retirement comes a part-out agreement! Now I thought the agreement stated, "part-out following the day I expire". Apparently, it's "following the day I REtire". What a surprise! I guess that's what all those times & cycles will do to a cargo guy like me - forgetful and mighty worn. I am not sure I’m ready to part with parts.

The good news is... the disassembly fellows seem thrilled with prospect of pulling my avionics and selling 'em for recertification into service. Who knew? So, I've seen some parts go... mostly cockpit instruments, but I’ve had several tracks & ball-bearings and such sent to other 747's over the past week or so. My chess buddy tells me the flaps are next to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment