Because experience matters...

UAM knows aircraft disassembly.

We know the secrets of aircraft afterlife... and we're going to share a few with you.
www.uaminc.com


Friday, April 30, 2010

Not the Usual 2 Engine Removal...




It's been quite a week! The mechanics brought out the heavy equipment and tooling - to REMOVE my engines, all four of them...

I gotta tell you, my wings feel about 70,000 pounds lighter. It feels great - light and airy for the first time ever. Until my neighbor, a wiry 737-300, made some crack about losing weight and being light enough to fly away - not so funny to me. I barely remember my life "in flight". Since they pulled my flight data recorder, I can't remember a darned thing!
It's true - I am here to stay, no engines + lowered flaps. Hydraulics are the next to go, with pressure largely removed. The parts get easier and easier to pull from my frame. Luckily with only A&P mechanics working on me and the other aircraft, almost all of our components can re-enter commercial after FAA approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment